Monday, May 15, 2006

“It’s really slippery.”

“I know. Here take my hand.”

"What? Wait a second, where’d you come from? I didn’t ask you to come."

"I know. But didn’t you realize you can’t do this alone?"

"Yes I can. I always have."

"No, not this time."

"Yes, this time. How is this different? I know it’s a little rockier. I know it’s a little harder to see the path but I’ve made it out before and I’ll make it out again."

"Don’t you understand? I can’t just meet you on the other side? I can’t just let you do this alone."

"Yes, you can. I’ll make it through fine."

"But different. You’ll make it through different."

"So? That’s life. Difficult things make us who we are. We can't help but be changed by that."

"So, if you’re going to be different, I want to be there to see it along the way. I want to see it in your face as you take a wrong turn and find your way back. I want to let you lean on me when you get tired. I want to be there for the beginning. And the middle. And the end."

"You don’t understand. Maybe, just maybe if I can do this on my own, then I’ll be ready."

"Ready for what? What could you possibly not feel ready for?"

"Ready to be loved."

"I already love you."

"By me. I want to be ready to be loved by me."

"Don’t you understand, that’s not a destination you just come to. That’s not the end of a road. It doesn’t ever end."

"But I don’t even know how to begin."

"You already have. You just have to keep going."

"I’m scared."

"I know. Me too. Here, take my hand. We'll just follow the path."

"Together?"

"Together."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home