Friday, February 24, 2006

My conversation of the week

So I got this fantastic text message the other day about how Pretty saw a one-legged woman on a motorcycle. I'm not quite sure how that worked, but it was entertaining to think about nonetheless. So today he leaves me a voice mail telling me that he saw her again and as he's staring so is the book fair van in front of her to the extent that they crash into a parked car.

This conversation ensues:

e- wish you'd had a camera for the one legged woman on the motorcycle and the ensuing accident... :)

p- me too. i was excited by the book fair on wheels and when it hit a car it was even better. in my mind i was seeing books fly everywhere. but alas. it was minor

e- Wouldn't that have been great? and in my mind I see myself getting out of my car, smiling, picking up a book and sitting on the curb amongst the flying paper and carnage. perhaps a judy blume book? maybe, just maybe.

p- i picture us reading passages while ambulances and firetrucks gather around

e- it'd probably be just about the most fun we'd ever had.

It just doesn't take much to entertain me. That's all I'm saying.

3 Comments:

Blogger kevin said...

You two have GOT to come visit us in Cincinnati soon. I miss you both so much (and the fun we always have together). Unfortunately, none of us have a car that allows three front row passengers, but it is probably safer that way. "YOU'RE OKAY!"

5:58 PM  
Blogger um... yeah... said...

pretty has never looked prettier than he did with salt and muddy water on his face! lol!!!

cincinnati is the place to be! get yo' asses to the 'nati (and don't trash it!) i'm dumb.

love ya!

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, Liz. I probably would have picked a "choose-your-own-adventure" book. That kind of book you never just find yourself next to and casually pick up, but if it just fell out of a book-mobile, I'd do it, yeah!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home