Friday, March 24, 2006


I can't come in and I can't sit down
For I've only a moment's time...

Today I've been trying to think of things that actually bring me more peace than seeing Nickel Creek live. I can maybe come up with a few that are equal, including some people in my life- and the ocean, but as far as more, it's hard to say. Last night was one of those nights when I got to combine the two seeing them live with one of my very favorite people in the whole world. And today, while I'm a little tired- (the 2:30am arrival time will do that to you -who knew Evansville was an hour behind us?) I feel better than I have in a while. The show was amazing, probably not the best I'd ever seen but definitely one of the better. I was trying to tally today how many this makes, and I'm pretty sure since my first concert in May of 2001, I've seen them 14 times. And it never gets old. I never get tired of it. And it's always, always something different. Last night, they took a song that's never been one of my favorites, upped the tempo, added some full out harmonies and I was seriously blown away. That sort of music that just takes your breath away, and makes you ache in your chest. I've tried to explain that to people before, but I guess unless you feel it you can't understand. Last night we were in the second row, on the aisle so located pretty much directly in front of Sara and Chris. The tickets were a gift from one of my group leaders who happens to know how much I like them. (And is a ticket broker so he's up on the whole on-sale thing even when somehow I miss it.) Anyway, sometimes I wonder what it is about them that makes me react the way that I do to their music. I know that they're incredibly passionate, especially Chris who I think feels music with every ounce of who he is. I know they're incredibly talented. But I listen to other passionate talented groups who don't have the same effect on me. I guess it's just not something that needs explanation. So, to close, the concert, and the company couldn't have been better. With some things going on in the lives of the people that I love lately, I treasure these moments that much more. So thank you.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger kevin said...

I've been meaning to tell you, I've been listening to their CD, "Why Should the Fire Die?" a lot lately. I know I was one of the lucky to join you at Nickel Creek conert a few years ago in Cincy, but unless I am familiar with the music, I have a hard time getting into it. But after listening to this CD, I REALLY LOVE THEM. I was listening to them in the car this morning, actually. I hope they come to Cicninnati again soon so I can go with you.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home