Thursday, May 05, 2005

All alone in my kitchen, all alone in my head.
Some things you can't take back once they've been said.
Don't know what this love is for.
All I know is I don't want it anymore.
Now you'd think that I should've known better.
I, I should have seen it comin'
My heart sayin', when I read that letter,
"Sink like a stone; sink like a stone."
~Nickel Creek

Some things never change. I was down in Bloomington this week for a Nickel Creek concert. Dear Jesus, if I could just make plans to go to one of those anytime I have something heavy in my mind and in my heart, my life would be a lot simpler. My dear Ems was nice enough to go early and we ended up on Stage Rt at the very edge in front of where Sara is positioned. One of the best things about Nickel Creek when they’re in that sort of a format for a concert is that they move all over the place, and they end up at the very very edge of the stage playing. So there I stood 6 inches from what I consider to be one of the most beautiful displays of passion I’ve ever experienced. If everyone could express themselves the way I think in particular Chris does through music, life would sure be happier. I’m not sure that I said a word for over 2 hours, unless it was “Are you KIDDING me?” Some things I don’t think I could explain if I tried. The way that music affects me is one of those. It just makes me breathe deeper. So over 2 hours later I walked away more at peace than I’ve been in a really long time. Some music just makes me worship God. Nickel Creek is one of those groups. I listen to them and something in me is inexplicably drawn to His Spirit more. Maybe it’s the passion that I see embodied as they play, maybe it’s simply the way that they write- all I know is it makes my heart happy and that couldn’t have come at a better time.

1 Comments:

Blogger um... yeah... said...

gracious, lizzy. have you ever seriously thought about writing publicity for them? i'm totally not familiar with their music but after reading this i wish i could run right to a concert and see them.

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home