Tuesday, May 03, 2005


There's a certain kind of pain that can numb you.
There's a type of freedom that can tie you down.
Sometimes the unexplained can define you,
And sometimes, silence is the only sound.
~c. thile

I talked with a close friend yesterday about the idiosyncrasies that make us who we are. Those things about ourselves that sometimes we hate so much b/c somehow we think it makes us less than adequate. I’ve found strangely, that those very things are what has drawn me to some of my closest friends. Those things that they think are faults, those things they think are flaws- I find the most beautiful. It’s in those parts of them that I see God in all of His intricate creation. I told him that the very part of him he hated the most, was the biggest reason I was drawn to him. And it also made me want to share those parts of me that make me hurt the most. And because of that, I can’t imagine a day when we won’t be friends. I’ve realized if I can’t share my weaknesses, I certainly can’t expect someone to find my strength. Who I am in the dark is a better indication of the real me, then you’ll ever see in the light. I won’t share the light if you don’t want the dark. B/c at least for me, it’s impossible to separate the two. And honestly, I don’t think I’d ever want to.

Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home