Monday, May 02, 2005

I guess I know better now
That few things ever go
The way that we mean anyhow
And that’s better I suppose
~t. golden http://www.ellerymusic.com/


This is who I am.
I’m passionate- about life and music and the people I care about the most.
I’m introspective- perhaps too much at times, but I’m always wondering what’s going on underneath the surface.
I’m happy- it takes very little.
I’m strong- even when I don’t feel like I can be.
I’m a heart person- I will follow 100 times what my heart tells me, over what my head thinks may be a reality.
I’m sensitive- at times overly so but only because I care so much.
I’m impulsive- sometimes I just jump before thinking but even when I don’t land on my feet, I know that Someone is catching me.
I’m slow to anger and quick to forgive- but sometimes I have trouble forgetting.
I’m trustworthy- and have built friendships in the strangest of places with that.
I’m lonely- but I’ve learned it’s better to feel the lonely I feel alone, than to feel lonely with someone else. That’s so much worse.
I'm giving- maybe to a fault sometimes.
I’m perceptive- and pick up things that people don’t say even when I’d rather not know.
I’m patient- with whatever it is that God is trying to show me and teach me and I trust Him to reveal it to me at the right time.
I’m flawed- but those flaws are as much a part of me as my strengths and while I can work to change, some of those are ingrained so deeply that I will always carry them with me.
I’m scarred- but I know that those scars show I’ve lived and I’ve loved and I’d rather have those than not know at all.
I’m at peace- that above and beyond anything else I’m not in control and I don’t want to be.
I’m enough- most importantly for Him, and someday even with all of my imperfections, for someone else.

I sit alone, a dark theater,
Watching the people arrive hand in hand, everybody but me.
Oh...I stay behind, watching the credits roll by.
Roll, roll, roll right by me.
Well I know, I won't cry cause there is somebody, somebody,
Somebody waiting for me out in the rain.
I won't cry, not tonight,
Cause there is somebody waiting for me.

I take a walk,
The streets are busy tonight,
And I'm searching for you,
Waiting to brush your shoulder.
When I'm alone, I watch the faces roll by.
Roll, roll, roll right by me.
Well I know, I won't cry cause there is somebody, somebody,
Somebody waiting for me, out in the rain.
I won't cry, not tonight,
Cause there is somebody waiting for me.

How many words will go unspoken?
'Til I hear knocking on my door?
I need some talking the nights I spent heartbroken.
But tonight I know, I won't cry no more.

I lie awake. I left the porch light on.
I hope it helps you to find your way.
Outside I hear the thunder roll by.
Roll, roll, roll right by me.
I know, I won't cry cause there is somebody, somebody,
Somebody waiting for me, out in the rain.

Not gonna cry tonight No
Cause there is somebody waiting for me.
Not gonna cry tonight
Not tonight
Cause there is somebody waiting for me.
I stay behind watching the credits roll by.
Roll, roll, roll right by me.

somebody-b. mckee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home