Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Elizabeth and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week Top 10

#10. I should be getting off work in 2 hours to travel to Portsmouth, OH to see my very favorite group in the entire world, Nickel Creek, with one of my very favorite people in the entire world Pretty. However it’s renewals and the opening night of Riverdance so she couldn’t “in good conscience” let me off work. So instead I’m going to sit at my desk, doing virtually nothing all afternoon. Maybe I’ll tally my phone calls received and orders processed just to pout about it a little more.

#9. It’s raining, and not even 60 degrees outside. I am still however wearing sandals as if it’s 75. I refuse to let dropping temperatures ruin my choice of shoe.

#8. I don’t make sense even to myself. I can feel so strongly one way that I react an entirely different way. And I think some people more than others get the brunt of that, and for that I’m incredibly sorry.

#7. Today I talked to a Menopausal woman wanting info on Menopause. We were doing great till we got to the location of the theatre. Then I couldn’t even tell her if the theatre, which is all of 3 blocks from me, was north or south of the circle. Why in the world was I born without an internal compass?

#6. Alison Krauss and Union Station are going to be Indianpolis in July. It’s also the very same week I’ll be in North Carolina on vacation. Blast.

#5. That very same week I’m on vacation, is the very same week that Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the new Harry Potter book come out, completely screwing up my plans of midnight movie viewing and book buying.

#4. Did I mention that I should be hearing Nickel Creek live tonight instead of coming through my crappy computer speakers right now?

#3. Dandy. The mail just came and instead of our normal amount of 20 or so renewals, today when I’m here on my own at least for the morning, we received 61 motherluving renewals. Good times.

#2. I read today where Indianapolis is number 6 in the nation for most depressed city. How sad. I’m not a depressed person, unless you count my terrible, no good, very bad week, in which case I’d say that’s temporal.

#1. As if the fact that I can’t go to Portsmouth to see Nickel Creek tonight in 5th row center wasn’t nearly enough, Pretty said they were planning to go backstage after the show… Of all the luck…


I think I need a vacation.


I need a change of scenery. I need a change of pace. I need a sense of direction. I need to understand my calling. I need to feel important. I need to feel smart. I need to feel creative. I need to feel loved. I need to love. I need to feel. I need to laugh. I need to cry. I need to sing. I need to sleep. I need to go away. I need to pray. I need to give. I need to not give up. I need to open my eyes. I need to let God. I need to listen. I need to be quiet.

I walk in the air between the rain,
Through myself and back again.
Where? I don't know....

Round here we're carving out our names
Round here we all look the same
Round here we talk just like lions
But we sacrifice like lambs....
Round here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home