Friday, April 01, 2005

But I know I’m who I am today because I knew you…

In honor of one of my very best friend’s 27th Birthday whom I can’t be with today due to that 4 hour drive between us…

27 of my Favorite Memories with my Pretty:
#27. Getting called out on our knocking skills by Brenda Lang. Apparently we’ve got some wrist twisting issues that cause issue when attempting the advanced choreography of Solid Rock ’96.
#26. Jimmy’s Girlfriend smells every bit as good as Tommy Girl or at least that’s what they tell us in Claire’s.
#25. Consumption of road salt is only ok when in the backseat of Kevin’s car which is being driven at very high speeds in the middle of winter with the windows down so that he could see the road due to the sometimes-working windshield wipers.
#24. Alter egos are always good to assume when they involve bad hat/wig hair and polyester dresses. They’re only made better when they’re witnessed by other people you love like Kevin and Menny.
#23. “He really likes you! He’s wearing his special underwear.”
#22. Starfire the screwnicorn puts to shame any and all garage sale figurines.
#21. Sleeping in the car and subsequently on the sidewalk in 30-40 degree weather is actually fun when it ends with one of the best casts of RENT ever.
#20. “Spaghetti Bettie can do it by herself. Play house with ME!!”
#19. A Sunday night spend with Touched by an Angel, Wynonna covering Avalon and plastic canvas crafts are hard to top.
#18. Cows on Parade in Chicago
#17. “Wonder how much Vitamin-C is in these things?” “GET IN THE CAR!!”
#16. I think this duet is a little short, maybe if we just improv over the entire rest of the song, they’ll realize we’re the stars anyway.
#15.”Don’t tell Kevin, but I’m making him drive in one gigantic circle.”
#14. Climbing on top of furniture at 2am sticking stars on my ceiling.
#13. Paper chain of sin. “Weren’t these more fun when we were younger?”
#12. Someday you’ll have that superhero diner you’ve always wanted.
#11. Sometimes I wonder how long it actually took someone to put away that cart full of stuff from our alphabetic scavenger hunt in Big-Lots.
#10. Performing Take Me or Leave Me for Richard down in Raleigh.
#9. I just know if we’d been alone with Dr. Speckles he would’ve talked to us. Or checked our eyesight. Maybe both.
#8. I didn’t know that Judge Judy had such amazing words of advice.
#7. Me, You, Kevin and a paddleboat is grounds for a seriously good time.
#6. Where in the world are we going to park?
#5. “Wow, I can’t believe I already ate my entire quesadilla, but you're right, this carpet underneath this booth here is great.”
#4. The Yogi’s episode where you and Kevin just kept filling my glass up when I wasn’t looking, and Jenny just kept laughing.
#3. Do you think Cha-Chi went on to bigger and better things or do you think he peeked at his “pensive” look at the Waffle House?
#2. “I want a feast!” “You ate before you came to the factory.” “I want a bean feast!!” “Oh, ONE OF THOSE.”
#1. Knowing that no matter how far we live away, or what’s going on in our lives, or how much time has passed since we’ve last seen each other we will always be the best of friends.

I love you Pretty. Happy 27th Birthday.

So much of me is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine by being my friend
~For Good

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best times of my life have been spent with you. I can't imagine where or who I would be if you hadn't have been there to keep me sane and alive! No matter where and no matter what... I do believe I have been changed for the better...

11:13 AM  
Blogger christopher said...

I found your blog through Tres' blog. I found your previous post interesting. By the way, Pizza King is great; I'm not an Indiana boy, but I have friends who are and it is terrific pizza. Anyway. . . I guess that's it.

8:51 PM  
Blogger um... yeah... said...

thanks for the nostalgia, gritty! i loved that i had heard stories of or was there for some of these momentous events. (i was just thinking of the whole nifty swifty on 50 road salt in kev's car incident the other day!)

i love that even though i rarely get to see you when you live 30 minutes from me, even more rare that i get to see kev or jay, that some of my fondest memories come from my friendship with you, and when i DO get to see you, i laugh so hard i cry, and it's almost as if we were still the best of friends. i love you guys! (holy crap that was sappy!)

jay, if you read this, call me dammit! ha!

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home