Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Take me deeper...

“I long to shout the cure from this mountain’s peak. Instead my whispered words are all that I can speak.” Purdue CCH Worship

Wow, I’m weary today. I don’t think I’m sleeping well. I’m not sure if it’s subconscious stress or what the deal is, but something is just off with me.

I did however get my registration lined up for Worship Conference in the beginning of October. I think last year about this time I was feeling the same way- just needed a little serious worship. Away from the distractions of work, away from the distractions of life. October is looking to be a really good month. I’ve got worship conference the 9-11th, and then the following weekend I’ve got pretty much my absolute perfect weekend lined up. Nickel Creek Friday in Cincinnati, then RENT in Indy Saturday afternoon, then Saturday night the Passion Experience Tour w/ Giglio, Tomlin, & Hall. Granted Crowder won’t be there which is a bummer, but since Tomlin is my favorite of the three, I’ll deal. I could pause for a moment and comment on what it means that I’m spending my Saturday afternoon with RENT and then the evening with the Passion Experience Tour, but hey at least it’s in the right order… :)

You can tell it’s an off day when I have to spend my blog time talking about something that’s still a month out. I wonder if someone random happens to read my blog that they will think of me as an unhappy person. It’s really the furthest thing from the truth. Weary yes, unhappy, not at all. I wonder how long people can spend in one place with no sort of outlet or form of expression. I feel a lot like the song I quoted above. I long to shout the cure, but honestly all I can do is whisper it right now b/c I’m so weary. At least I know God hears our whispering just as well as he hears our shouts. I actually read a quote once “God whispers to us in our joy and shouts to us in our pain.” Maybe that’s b/c when we’re broken, our whispers are louder than our shouts could ever be. Today's prayer is actually a song, so I'll leave you with it.


Everything- Lifehouse

Find me here, speak to me.
I want to feel you, I need to hear you.
You are the light that is leading me
To the place where I find peace again

You are the strength that keeps me walking.
You are the hope that keeps me trusting.
You are the life to my soul.
You are my purpose, you are everything.

And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

You calm the storms, you give me rest,
You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.
You still my heart and you take my breath away.
Would you take me in, would you take me deeper now ?'

Cause you're all I want you are all I need you are everything, everything.
you're all I want you are all I need you are everything, everything.
you're all I want you are all I need you are everything, everything.
you're all I want you are all I need you are everything, everything.

And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?

Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home