Monday, February 16, 2004

Today I woke up with this terrible sense of longing. Not at all sure where it came from, or what has prompted it but I haven’t been able to shake it yet. Maybe I’m just tired.

Today is one of those “I’d rather be anywhere in the world but here.” days. So instead of talking about what’s really going on with me, I’ll talk about all the places I’d rather be.

I’d rather be on a blanket out at Lemon Lake reading a book. It’d be just warm enough for a long sleeve shirt and jeans and it’d smell like one of the first days of spring.

I'd rather be sitting on the counter in 820 talking about whatever comes to mind and playing with my sprinkles.

I’d rather be in Venezuela sitting in a restaurant laughing with people that will probably never be in the same place at once again, about jokes that don’t even make sense.

I’d rather be blowing bubbles sitting on the old porch swing, watching people walk by.

I’d rather be laughing at junk in old antique stores with a friend who makes me laugh harder than almost anyone in the world.

I’d rather be in a dark and cramped room listening to music that makes you breathe deeper.

I’d rather be on a road trip playing getting to know your friends to make the long ride a little more bearable.

I’d rather be sitting with my hands in the sand at the ocean after dark listening to the water.


I need a change of scenery. I need a change of pace. I need a sense of direction. I need to understand my calling. I need to feel important. I need to feel smart. I need to feel creative. I need to feel loved. I need to laugh. I need to cry. I need to sleep. I need to go away. I need to give. I need to give up. I need to open my eyes. I need to listen. I need to be quiet.

I walk in the air between the rain,
Through myself and back again.
Where? I don't know....

Round here we're carving out our names
Round here we all look the same
Round here we talk just like lions
But we sacrifice like lambs....

Round here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home