Tuesday, September 16, 2003

I hate powdery apples. There’s nothing worse than being really excited to eat the apple you’ve got in your hand, only to take one bite and find it’s one of those powdery gritty things, and not at all what you were hoping for. Blast, should’ve known it wasn’t what I thought. The sign was labeled Fuji apples, (which are the BEST apples in the world), and the sticker was labeled Pure. Pure crap is what I think that’s supposed to mean now. Had to throw it away, couldn’t even make it through. Damn the man.

On a happier note, it’s Tuesday which means it’s no longer Monday. I had a good evening last night hanging out with a couple of close friends that I wasn’t expecting to see. It’s always a nice surprise when friends just show up. We ended up having dinner at Hog Heaven this biker BBQ joint. We had a really good time though, and all made plans to have a Twin Peaks party tonight. Somehow I’ve managed to go my entire life never watching a single episode. So my dear friend Pretty was nice enough to give me his VHS tapes since he’s officially upgraded to DVD. So tonight’s the beginning. Since David Lynch is a genius, I’m sure I’ll have some thoughts to add tomorrow.

Read a really great book last week. The Cheese Monkeys by Chip Kidd. Definitely recommend it. It’s about a kid who’s an art major talking about his first 2 semesters of college. That’s all I’m telling you, although the book covering itself is a work of art. Kidd is better known for his Graphic Design work actually, and the book got mixed reviews. It’s different, and has some interesting perspective when it comes to art and graphic design, and just overall conveying your message. Actually forced me to look at some things a little differently- which always means a high review in my mind. So- check it out. It’s not too long, and fairly easy to read. Let me know what you think. (As a sidenote: I love comments- even if I have no idea who you are that’s reading this. So feel free to tell me what you think.)

I realized I never commented on the huge art fair I went to weekend before last. But it’s enough of a story to warrant some discussion. (can you call it discussion when it’s just you writing your thoughts?) So, I’ll hold off on that till later. Since today’s blog wasn’t really deep as far as thinking goes, I’ll leave you with one of my favorite quotes: Maybe I’ll share my thoughts about it later.

"Do we love anything unless it is beautiful? What, then, is beauty and in what does it consist? What is it that attracts us and wins us over to the things we love? Unless there were beauty and grace in them, they would be powerless to win our hearts."
~St. Augustine's Confessions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home