Wednesday, January 26, 2005

What Brought the House Down

I discovered a new band today. Well not really me personally, someone else discovered them, and played them for me, and I think they’re great. I figure that’s as good a reason as any to blog again don’t you think? Yeah, so I’ve been a slacker. I guess I haven’t had much to say. Nope, that’s not true. I’ve been writing a lot, just not here. I’ve been really busy at work, and since that’s my only computer access, my blogging has of course suffered. I’ll try to improve on that a bit, even when I’m blogging about nothing.

I’m trying to think of all the worthy things to mention that have happened in the last month. Scrooge went well. If I never have to wear another feed sack/doily combo again I’ll be content. Holidays were pretty good. My step-grandmother passed away Christmas Day, but she’s been sick a while with Alzheimer’s so while it was unexpected at the time, it wasn’t completely a surprise. Finally saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and I’d say without question it’s in my top 5 movies ever. I think it’s one of the most beautiful movies I’ve ever seen and probably deserves a blog all on it’s own, so I won’t express my opinions here. I also finally saw Napoleon Dynamite, and it may well be one of the funniest movies in the world. “It’s a ligre. It’s my favorite animal.” Classic. Hmm what else. Got to see a few close friends I haven’t in a long time. One of them got engaged. Congrats to him all the way down in New Mexico. Saw Oklahoma, (Jed was scary and he drooled a lot), Mamma Mia! which was histerical and a whole lot of fun, and finally the Producers. Which was pretty funny. Not anywhere near one of my favorites, but really entertaining. Next week, I’ve got to go to Cincy to do some training so my boss suggested I plan that around RENT, so conveniently enough I did, and a week from Friday, Kevin, Sarah and myself will be seeing RENT again. (It’s times like that when they’re planning my work trip around free tickets to one of my favorite musicals that I absolutely love my job.) It’ll be a lot of fun b/c I haven’t seen Kevin and Sarah since they crossed over into the land of the marrieds, so I’m excited to catch up with them and look at European Honeymoon photos. Last week I actually sold Hairspray tickets at a drag show which is about a million worlds away from my old job at the church I must say. But it was a lot of fun. And enlightening for one of my close friends whom I coerced into attending. He’s absolutely never seen anything like that, so I guess for better or worse, he experienced something new. :) My old job is open again at the church. No comment on the quick turnaround… I’ve really been in the mood for some live music and Nickel Creek hasn’t set any tour dates in a while to even prompt a road trip. And I haven’t heard of anyone else around here that I’m dying to see so nothing for now. I guess that’s about all I’ve got. Been probably a little too busy lately. Usually when I’m doing that it means I’m avoiding something, so far no realization of what that would be, but I’m sure it’s coming. Winter can end any day now. I’m really tired of the cold crappy snowy mess. Got sick a couple weeks ago and it hung around for what felt like forever. Sorry to all those people who had to discern exactly what I was trying to say with no voice. :) I guess we’re getting close now to that holiday that every single person loves and looks forward to every year. Black Monday as good ol Tank used to say. I’m not really at all depressed about it, but it does prompt the same old questions of the when and the who. So far, no answers, but I’m patient, and for now content. Sorry again for my delay and subsequent lackluster return… I’ll work on that. Now, back to the Ditty Bops.

1 Comments:

Blogger um... yeah... said...

GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK!

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home