Monday, April 21, 2008

I think I have a problem. I feel like it’s important to just get it out in the open. Admit to it. Move on.

I’m an apple snob.

I will even visit multiple grocery stores to find the right kind. There is only one right kind and not everyone carries it. Kroger unfortunately has let me down on numerous occasions. At numerous locations. So far Target has my back, as well as the Marsh/O-Malia’s across* the street from work. But I worry that they will stop carrying them and I’ll be forced to go back to my second place finisher, Fuji. Which up till a couple months ago, really got the job done. Just not anymore. Now it’s only the Pink Lady for me. That’s a sentence I sure never imagined myself saying. The older I get (which is almost 30 ladies and gentlemen who are still paying attention, if anyone is still out there) the more I realize that I can be really picky about specific things. I only like 1 kind of turkey lunchmeat (archer farms honey roasted turkey, shaved) and I typically only buy 1 kind of milk, Oberweiss. I think I’m becoming a snob all around. I think I might need to go buy some potted meat just to even it out. (Hey Kevin, do you think the Swifty still carries it?)

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, you didn't blog for almost 9 months and you come back to discuss your grocery habits. (I'm thinking it too.) Well apples are just that important. And I can't make it something profound, or you will come to expect it. And that's just not how I work.

I am moving in less than 3 weeks. Who wants to come clean out my shoes for me?


*Why does a large percentage of the population feel that across needs to have a past tense put to it and say acrossed? Because it’s never ok. And I have to admit, having that word in my business’ name means that I hear it, over and over and over again. And every single time, I just want to yell ACROSS! IT’S JUST ACROSS FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY! Some people like to call this overkill. They would be correct.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

you're wonderful.
welcome back.
i love you!

4:35 PM  
Blogger kevin said...

I actually came acrossed some partially de-fatted fatty beef tissue the other day and thought, "this would be delicious with a Pink Lady or a Fuji apple."
I don't care what you blog about, it's just a sunny spot in my day when I get to read your words.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home