Thursday, March 01, 2007

And the month finally ends….

I hate February. I hate it every year, although some years are worse than others. This one being particularly bad. Is it psychosomatic? Hard to say. I’m sure it has something to do with the seasons. I was told this morning I’m not good with Decembers either, and it came from a reliable source. I guess b/c February was so bad this year I completely forgot about December not being fun either.

Thank God for music. Seriously. This year was Mellow February Volume 3 and I have to say my mixes just get better and better every year. Seriously. I have good taste in music. Just ask me. :) Really though, I don’t know what it is with this month. It’s shorter than all the others, yet still feels like years to me to come to an end. And no dear reader, it’s not b/c Valentine’s Day is packed in the center. I’m not one of those girls. I don’t mind the holiday single or taken as I experienced it this year. Well as much as you can experience a day when you’re snowed in under a good solid foot of snow. Not a lot of celebrating there. Anyway, I hate the month of February. There’s no good reason for it. I just hate it. So there. It’s finally over. But this year it came with a beautiful bonus.

Insert Exhibit A:

That’s right. I was in a car accident this week. Monday to be specific. I was on my way home from work and the traffic was heavy. I was trying to turn into a gas station and the turn lane had stopped to let me through. I looked to see no one coming, and started across only to have a ginormous Dodge Durango fly in front of me. I hit the brakes immediately but still managed to catch her back tire with the driver’s side corner of my car. The woman driving the Durango was a real treat though. "I ain't never been in no accident before. What are you supposed to do?" And I feel I'd be doing a disservice to everyone involved if I didn't mention that she told me at least 3 times that her dinner was ruined and that she was starving. Did I mention she felt the need to show me the bag of KFC that constituted dinner for the evening. Oh and that when I was copying her insurance information she actually stood there and ate a chicken leg. Classy. I found out yesterday I did $2300 of damage. This wouldn’t be so much of an issue if I had rental car insurance included on my plan, yet somehow I’m too cheap and didn’t realize it was the difference of under $2 a month. Way to go Liz. Way to go. So I’m going to be carless for 4ish days next week. I say ish b/c it could be longer if they find more damage once they take the broken pieces off. Oh well, such is life. February can take my $500 deductible and… weeee.



However, today has been a marked difference. First it’s over 50 so I didn’t have to wear a coat to work. And it smelled like spring. I don’t care that it’s rainy and gray, it smelled like spring and felt warm outside. And a bird was singing. I’m sure it was directly to me. Then I get to work and my lovely younger sister had flowers delivered to me, for no reason.

Insert Exhibit B:




The best part is the lemons in the water. Her card said “when life hands you lemons, blah blah blah.” Literally, blah blah blah. That’s Janie for you. They made me smile. I love daisies. And the arrangement is beautiful. Flowers make me so happy. I should really spend the money and buy them more often than I do. Anyway, to make the day even better I reconnected with a friend yesterday I haven’t talked to since high school. (The wonders of myspace). He’s one of the few people that I’ve thought of on numerous occasions since school and wished I knew where he was. We went out for lunch today and he’s still great. It’s funny to see people you haven’t talked to in over 10 years. He’s all grown up, married with a baby now. Which somehow makes me feel older and younger all at the same time. But it was really good to see him and made the day even better.

And it’s Thursday. Which means the never ending week is almost over. Beautiful. Happy March.

1 Comments:

Blogger kevin said...

March is about to get a whole lot better whe we see you on Wednesday!!!!!!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home