Wednesday, August 11, 2004


Hangman, hangman, hold it a little while
I think I see my friends coming
Ridin' many mile
So friends, you get some silver
Did you get a little gold
What did you bring me, my dear friends
To keep me from the gallows pole
What did you bring me to keep me from the gallows pole


Last night I spent close to 11 hours in the car for a concert that lasted only 2. And it was worth every single second of it. I never cease to be amazed by the talent and the passion that I experience when I go to a Nickel Creek concert. This one, for the record was #9 and it felt like the very first time. I can't tell you how I feel after experiencing this passion that is seriously palpable when they perform. If I could bottle up even an ounce of it and pass it along to those I meet that are decidedly apathetic I would. It's something I wish everyone would experience just once, then again, I'm not sure how many people would understand it. I mean, normal people don't drive 11 hours for a concert that'll last 2. Then again when have I ever been normal? And I got to spend all that time and that concert with someone who understands that need in me to experience passion, only b/c they experience it themselves. So there I stood, mouth agape, for 2 hours experiencing. And every time, I walk away a different person- my eyes open a little wider, my ears a little more tuned to sound, and my heart at peace by finding that other people understand.
Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger um... yeah... said...

cleveland rocks. i'm glad you had such a great time! :)

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home